Steve's African Adventure

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Here I am

I am Alive! The last three weeks have been very challenging for me. I had a problem with an in grown toenail, it was not healing, and I had to get it removed (the nail not the toe). I didnt tell anyone back home because i did not want people too freack out with a case of minor Africian surgery.
My experience of the Africian health system was very interesting. They put me under general anesthetic but I thought it was going to be local so I got quite a shock when I woke up! I was in a bit of pain for a day or so but then it stopped. I was unable to do lots of walking not because of the pain but because I had to let the wound heal.
The good news it is fine now and I was able to join the team in evangilism again, I have been with the team but resting and not involved in some of the activities. I have been incredibly bored, home-sick and distracted with nothing to keep me busy.
This last week we have been at an orphanage it has been very interesting all of the children speak French and a little bit of English. It has been good sharing with a few of them. Felix and I had the priviledge of leading one boy to Jesus. I did evangilism yesterday and Felix and I were able to lead a husband and wife to make a commitment to recieve Jesus.
One of the boys from the orphange ran away from the orphange and took a very expensive cell phone with him! Just a reminder that I need to be careful with my things. Most the older kids have been on the street and they have picked up some bad habits.
Anyway I have to go love you guys heaps.
Hey congratulations to Lanie and the All Blacks who I hear are both having good seasons.

4 Comments:

  • Hiya Steve-a-saurus. Did a lion try to bite your toe off? Great to here you are alive and well and still have great adventures! We love you all and are counting down the day to when you get back home again.
    Love
    Dad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:30 AM  

  • Thinking of you Steve. Unfortunatly the sympathy value you can extract from a toe isn't great compared with an arm in a sling. Anyway you're well- that's the main thing. Trust that the rest of your time is fruitful.
    Won't be long before we see you again.
    Love and blessings,
    bonynbendy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 PM  

  • Hi Steve,
    Good to see you are ok and getting amongst the evangelism. Hope the toe heels well. Its been great being able to keep up with your activities on thsi blog. Look forward to catching up when you return. Make the most of the last days of your time there so you feel satisfied in the Lord with all He has asked you to do.
    God bless
    Peter Brown

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:54 PM  

  • Hi Steve,
    I had to change your yahoo email password so it is now back to the l******** team again (all lowercase).
    More details in your hotmail email.
    Love,
    Dad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home