Steve's African Adventure

Monday, September 18, 2006

Round up

We graduated last night! I will be home in just over a week I get back on the 26th of September at 1:50 pm from Auckland on flight NZ531 after 3 days in transit!
My time here has been a great experience I can’t write all the things I have learnt now but I will share a few things. God is faithful, I have seen that when we follow him he will be with us. I arrived in Cameroon with no Visa no French and no luggage but God came through for me and he always does. I had a case of an unknown tropical disease and God came through for me also several other team mates had health problems as well but God is good we all surivived and graduated as a class. Many of the students came to the school by faith having only paid their depoist believing that God wanted them to be there and he provided for all of our class to finish the school!
I have learnt that the foundation of our lives is our spiritual life, our realtionship with Jesus. This and this alone, is our source of strength, joy and peace. For many years I was trying to live the Christian life without this foundation being laid firmly and it is not until I have come here that I have laid this foundation.
There has also been a lot of down time so I started spending that time reading the Bible I started at Genesis and read through to Revelation and I have seen that it is one book, that is the Bible actually fits together to one theme.
God created us to share in his love and to enjoy a relationship with Him the abundant life in John 10-10 but we humans can’t experience that love and relationship because we are sinful Romans 3-10 and 3-23 but God wanted so much for us to share this love and eternal life with him that he gave his Son John 3-16 and Romans 6-23 that if we believe in Him we have eternal life. This eternal life is nothing we can earn Ephesians 2-8 and 9 but comes through grace and through believing in the Son, John 1-12 and Romans 10-9 and only through the Son John 14-6. I have now started again from Matthew and when I finish again I will start from Genesis and read slowy and for detail.
So what is next for me? I don’t know but God does! I know I need to develop my spiritual foundation and starting pouring the concrete and putting up the walls. I also need to work to pay off my loan and seek God for the next step. I have had many ideas but I dont know which ideas are mine and which are God’s. I’m looking forward to seeing you all again may God bless you and keep you may he make his face to shine on you may he make the road rise up to meet you Amen!

1 Comments:

  • Dearest Steve - again it is so precious to hear from you! Puts a lump in the throat! You have finished well this special leg of the race God has had for you and we bless Him for the good stuff he has and is stitching into your life! We are sooo excited about seeing you next Tuesday. Two things - don't forget to get all of your classmates contact details so you can stay in touch - esp Serge... Also, did you hear that there has been a military coup in BK, so just need to be prudent and don't go sightseeing around govt buildings or get caught up in rallies while you transit there! See you soon! Heaps of love - Da Maada

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home