Steve's African Adventure

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sense of humour

Hey everyone
I understand the need for a missionary to have a good sense of humour. I was suppose to be in Kenya today waiting in transit to fly to Thailand.
I’m not in Kenya, I am still in Douala!
I got to the departure lounge at the airport gate 22 (as it said on my boarding pass) waiting for my flight to Kenya. The lounge was full of people waiting for a flight to Guinea. I have no watch so I was not aware of the time there was also no clock in the departure lounge (of an international airport!) So I was waiting for a boarding call for a flight that is suppose to leave at 11:55. After waiting for a while I asked the person next to me ‘whats the time?’ He says ‘1 am’ I did a double take and then headed to the Kenya Airways office only to find my flight has left and they did two boarding calls but I never heard them.
Whats even more ironic the plane was boarding at the gate 10 metres away from the one I was waiting at. At one stage I went looking for my flight I found a Kenya Airways flight but it was not going to Nairobi – or at least that what the sign seemed to indicate- later I found out this was in fact my flight and was going to Nairobi after all.
So now I have to go to the Kenya Airways (on Monday morning) office and arrange to get a new ticket and wait on standby! The next flight is Tuesday evening (Cameroon time)So it may be a while before I get home. PLEASE KEEP PRAYING I look forward to seeing you when I get home.
Steve

1 Comments:

  • This news was a bit of a shock to get at 2:00 am our time! Glad to see you still have your sense of humour Steve! As I respond here ... under 'normal' circumstances - you would have been HOME by now!! Oh well - must be some more miracles to unravel for you, I think. Bless you and safe travelling ... see you when we see you! We are hoping you haven't been parted from your luggage ...? Miss you ... Da Maada

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home